The Equipment Sales Manager is the contact person for the development of new instrument sales through the development of a global distributor network. He/she will work with Product Management and Application Scientist colleagues in a highly effective team selling model. The end customer base spans domestic and international academic, biotech and pharmaceutical markets, and points of contact range from lab technicians to senior executives. Candidates must be highly motivated, enthusiastic and goal-oriented individuals who enjoy the independence and variety that a field sales position offers. The candidate must also be adept at creating new indirect sales channels for life science instrumentation products, working in a team environment, leveraging everyone’s expertise and strengths.
- Represent the full range of HAWK Biosystems solutions, including instruments and reagents.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Application Scientist teams to achieve assigned sales targets.
- Develop and implement a global distributor network and execute a strategic business plan with a strong emphasis on new business development.
- Manage all aspects of the sales process, especially channel building, prospecting, consultative customer meetings and price and terms negotiations at all levels of the customer’s organization.
- Actively communicate progress updates and opportunity forecasts within CRM to management.
- Coordinate and execute field and virtual lead generation events, including technical workshops and lunch and learn seminars.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the technical product portfolio, range of scientific applications and target markets.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD in Biology or similar discipline in Life Sciences (mandatory).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in technical and scientific sales, preferably to life science equipment distributors and laboratories in academia, pharmaceutical and biotech, both domestically and internationally.
- Proactive mindset with strong sense of urgency around new business development.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Dedication to customer satisfaction and problem solving
- Ethical performance and a friendly and appreciative manner.
- Ability to travel when necessary for effective field coverage
- Valid driver’s license
Additional advantages to be successful in this position:
- Familiarity with immunohistochemistry (IHC) and digital pathology instrumentation, applications and workflows.
- Experience selling equipment for IHC and pathology research.
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
HAWK Biosystems has developed QF-Pro, a technology that allows to quantify -with high accuracy- a whole new family of biomarkers for pathological anatomy: the population of protein complexes formed and the population of proteins that have undergone post-translational modifications in patient tissue samples. The company’s goal is to open new avenues to develop more effective treatments and diagnostics for a multitude of pathologies, such as cancer, infectious and immune diseases, and inflammation. The company collaborates with its customers in the development of ad hoc assays to improve their competitiveness, the initial focus being the development of an immuno-oncology assay that allows direct quantification of PD-1/PD-L1 immune checkpoint complexes formed in patient biopsies.