CIDETEC is seeking to recruit a researcher for its Biomaterials Unit, to work on the encapsulation systems line.
They are looking for a person in the Nanomedicine area, able to develop new natural polymer-based biomaterials with regard to both their functionalization and characterisation, with experience in 3D bioprinting of biomaterials. The researcher will be involved in developing several types of products (health, cosmetics, pharmaceutical), project management and generating new ideas.
- The researcher will join the Biomaterials Unit to work on both training and company transfer projects. They must be capable of working on several projects simultaneously, optimising resources and maximising results.
- The successful candidate will work independently, according to the work plan established.
- They will be responsible for developing new biomaterials, for use in ingredient/drug release and 3D bioprinting.
- They must ensure relational monitoring of the technical results with clients and/or collaborators and be able to summarise and present the results very clearly in reports and PowerPoint presentations.
They will also be involved in:
- Generating new ideas/concepts and implementing them.
- Collaborating on creation of documentation related to seeking funding.
- Clear focus on product/market/results (deadlines, cost, time).
- Meeting the forecasts established in the annual plans.
- Constant monitoring of SOA/Market.
- Doctoral Degree in Applied Chemistry and Polymer Materials or Organic Chemistry with experience in biomaterials.
- High level of written and spoken English.
- Natural polymer functionalization (peptide complexation, organic synthesis, etc.)
- Biomaterial and polymeric material characterisation techniques (thermogravimetry, DSC, GPC, Instrom/DMA, rheology), physico-chemical characterisation techniques (NMR, FTIR, UV spectrophotometry, ICP, microscopy, AFM and chromatography).
- Experience with hydrogels and their characterisation (swelling, rheology).
- Knowledge of 3D bioprinting production and bio-ink development.
- Knowledge of programming for 3D printing.
Experience in the following will be considered a plus:
- Knowledge of nanoparticles and their characterisation techniques.
- Imaging techniques (SEM/TEM, optical microscopy, AFM, etc.).
- Writing work protocols for both material production and characterisation techniques.
We are seeking a highly motivated person with an interest in research and innovation to join a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team. They must be able to organise their work and meet deadlines and targets.
If you are interested, please apply on CIDETEC‘s website
CIDETEC is an organization for applied research that integrates three international reference institutes in the fields of energy storage, surface engineering and nanomedicine.