On 25 November the Toyama Pharmaceutical Association – Basque Health Cluster Mission was launched with a seminar presenting the Basque and Japanese associations, as well as a selection of 4 partner organisations.
The mission, with the support of JETRO and ICEX for organisation purposes and co-funded by SPRI, is aimed at building bridges for members of the Toyama Pharmaceutical Association and the Basque Health Cluster to reach collaboration agreements.
The seminar started with an introduction by Chairmen Hirohiko Inada and Mikel Álvarez, followed the programme below.
After the virtual presentation event, on 3, 4 and 11 December there will be B2B meetings between the companies interested in getting to know each other better for future partnerships.
In the near future, the two associations will sign a collaboration agreement.
9:00 – 9:10 Introduction (MC: Jetro Toyama)
- TPA: Mr. Hirohiko Inada, Head of Delegation (President and CEO, Kyukyu Pharmaceutical)
- BHC: Mr. Mikel Álvarez, Chairman (Chair of Mondragon University, Director of the Mondragon Corporation Promotion Centre and, President of Garaia Technology Park)
9:10 – 09:20 Presentation of the pharmaceutical industry in the Toyama Prefecture
- Shoichiro Hamano (Adviser, TPA)
09:20 – 09:40 Presentation of local businesses in Toyama (5 min. x 4 companies)
- Kyukyu Pharmaceutical (Mr. Noriyuki Hayashi, Head of Business Development unit)
- Kokando (Ms. Junko CHO, Overseas Department Group Manager)
- Nitto Medic (Mr. Shunsuke Nakai, Executive Director Research & Development Div.)
- Maeda Pharmaceutical (Mr. Koichi Okubo, Company Director)
09:40 – 09:50 Presentation of the biotechnology industry in the Basque Country
- María Pascual de Zulueta (Director of BHC)
09:50 – 10:10 Basque business pitch (5 min. x 4 companies)
- Faes Farma (Ms. Suzanne Zakarne, Out-Licensing Manager)
- Tecnalia (Mr. Andrés Cañada, Market Manager, Pharma Lab_services)
- I+Med (Ms. Elena Krupskaya, Business Development)
- VIVEbiotech (Mr. Gurutz Linazasoro, CEO)
10:10 – 10:30 Question and answer session, exchange of opinions and contact details
10:30 Information session on B2B