The 2nd Garaia Open Innovation is an initiative undertaken by the Garaia Technology Park in Mondragón, in collaboration with ISEA S.COOP.
Garaia Open Innovation is an open innovation experience aimed at promoting the creation of new business opportunities, diversification and the competitive improvement of Basque companies through collaborative innovation.
Garaia Open Innovation aims to promote opportunities for collaboration that could generate products, services and new businesses that respond specifically to the needs of Basque companies and reach the market within a short period of time.
In the preceding months, agents from the Basque Science and Technology System have submitted expressions of interest by proposing technologies, intellectual property assets and business concepts designed to respond to the needs of Basque companies.
From now on, the contributions of these agents will be disseminated to Basque companies so that they can assess the attractiveness and technological and business potential on offer.
On April 29th between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., an on-site and online convention will be held at the Garaia Technology Park facilities, which will be attended by both interested companies and agents from the Basque Science and Technology System who have submitted proposals.
During this Convention, these agents will have the chance to present their proposals in detail to participating companies. Networking events will make it possible to realise collaborative projects that are likely to lead to marketable results in the short term.
LIST OF PROPOSALS:
- Retention of SARS-CoV-2 on surfaces
- Diagnostic biomarkers / prognosis of frailty
- Stroke biomarkers
- Functional capacity evaluation device
- Surgical device for bone drilling in osteosynthesis
- Saliva-based diagnostic test for eosinophilic oesophagitis
- El viaje de Mangols (children’s health game app)
- Metal powder atomisation pilot plant
- Indoor positioning system
- Heat treatment simulation software
- Study on additive manufacturing parts
- High-resolution microscopy analysis
- Metal corrosion monitoring
- Crack analysis in steel springs
- Additive manufacturing of polymer fibres and fabrics
- Study on forming processes
- Nanochemical analysis of polymers and bio samples
- Offer of technology assets
- CDMO services and/or Licence agreement
- Mixed additive manufacturing head
- Dewatering 4.0
For more information about each proposal, centre and the nature of the expression of interest for each proposal, click here.
Basque companies can participate in this Convention by completing the following form, indicating whether they are interested in attending the event in person or online and which of the proposals they would like to attend.
The Garaia Technology Park and ISEA S.COOP. hope that the meetings held within the framework of the 2nd Garaia Open Innovation will lead to benefits in the following areas:
- Driving the transformation process of the Basque economy by improving the competitiveness of its companies.
- Increasing the commercial exploitation of the results of the Basque Science and Technology System’s scientific and technological activity.
- Greater cooperation between agents from the Basque Science and Technology System and companies.
About the Garaia Technology Park
GARAIA Technology Park promotes cross relations between companies, technology centres and universities through a collaborative model, which makes it the ideal framework for locating new companies and entrepreneurs who want to start up their business ideas.
It currently hosts 54 companies, 6 buildings and more than 1000 professionals that make up the most innovative business ecosystem in Debagoiena.
About ISEA S.Coop.
Innovación en Servicios Empresariales Avanzados – ISEA S.Coop. is a centre for technological development, innovation and entrepreneurship promoted in 2006 by the Engineering and Business Services Division of the MONDRAGÓN Corporation. ISEA is a science and technology agent integrated within the Basque Science, Technology and Innovation Network, under the category Supply/Demand Broker.