In these first months of the year, the State Government has begun to date the aid proposed for this year.
NEW CALENDAR OF CALLS FOR PROPOSALS UNDER THE RECOVERY, TRANSFORMATION AND RESILIENCE PLAN
The Spanish Government, as part of its Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan, will launch tenders and grants worth 24.6 billion euros in the first quarter of 2022. In order to allow potential beneficiaries to organise themselves, a detailed, albeit non-binding, calendar has been generated to estimate the dates of the calls for tenders.
In addition to the General State Administration and the Autonomous Communities, the role of local councils in the management and granting of this aid will be important. An example of this is that they will manage 6,000 million euros during the first half of this year.
This semester’s aid will mainly focus on the following areas:
– Digitalisation of micro- and small enterprises together with self-employed people (Digital Kit Programme).
– Renewable hydrogen value chain
– Energy-efficient housing construction programme for social rentals
– Energy-efficient refurbishment of buildings
– Tourism Sustainability Plans in Destinations
We invite you to have a look at the latest version of the calendar here (in pdf format): https://planderecuperacion.gob.es/sites/default/files/2022-02/Proximas_convocatorias_PRTR_S1_2022.pdf
The calendar will be regularly updated and you can check if there is a new version here: https://planderecuperacion.gob.es/ejecucion/calendario-de-proximas-convocatorias
To learn more about the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan, you can visit the official website: https://planderecuperacion.gob.es/
STRATEGIC ACTION IN HEALTH 2022
Last week the BOE published the Strategic Action in Health (AES) of the Instituto de Salud Carlos III. In 2022 it aims to move more than 144 million euros in grants, contracts and projects. To this end, it will receive contributions from both the General State Budget and European funds.
The aim of these grants is to stabilise the research career and boost Spanish R&D&I in health. The calls are grouped into 3 state programmes:
– State programme to develop, attract and retain talent.
– State programme to promote scientific-technical research and its transfer.
– State programme to address the priorities of our environment
In total there will be 15 ordinary calls throughout the year. In addition, we must not forget that there are extraordinary calls linked to the PERTE de Salud de Vanguardia. Information on the latter will be provided in the near future.
In line with the State Plan for Scientific and Technical Research and Innovation, the priority areas will be the following:
– Health throughout the life cycle, with a special focus on vulnerable populations and groups requiring action to promote greater equity and reduce social and gender inequalities in health.
– Environmental and social determinants of health.
– Infectious diseases and global health.
– Improvement of health systems, with special attention to their sustainability and relationship with socio-economic factors.
Within the framework of these areas, the priority research lines of the AES 2022 call are the following:
– Molecular and cellular technologies in health, focused on greater transfer to clinical practice.
– Translational research to increase knowledge of the mechanisms involved in disease and the search for clinical applications, addressing the most needy social groups.
– Promotion of research in public health, environmental health, occupational health and improvement of health services.
– Research into medicines and health products.
– Research in health technologies.
You can find more information on the Moncloa website (https://www.lamoncloa.gob.es/serviciosdeprensa/notasprensa/ciencia-e-innovacion/Paginas/2022/090222-accionestrategica.aspx) and in the BOE (https://www.boe.es/diario_boe/txt.php?id=BOE-B-2022-3791).