The Digital Health and Biomedical Technologies Department is a source of innovative developments for the biomedical sector, with applications such as biomedical image analysis, biomedical simulation, decision support systems, computer assisted surgery and many others.
They are looking for a person with a technical/developer profile for the Digital Health and Biomedical Technologies Department, to participate in collaborative R&D projects or with industry, nationally or internationally (European projects) related to these technologies.
If you have worked in SW development, you are versatile, you show proactivity, you are willing to learn new technologies and you like working in a team and autonomy, you may be able to join their team. You will work developing research projects in Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence following the quality and robustness standards set by Vicomtech.
- A multicultural and multidisciplinary research environment.
- An active group in the field of medical imaging and AI research at an international level, with a successful track record of technology transfer..
- Joining a dynamic, innovative, and leading Center in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Visual Computing & Interaction at international level with work centers inDonostia – San Sebastian and Bilbao.
- Attractive national and international research and development projects with cutting-edge technology.
- Personal development through training and educational opportunities.
- Career opportunities and professional progression.
- Reconciliation policies to achieve a balance between work and family life.
- Equal employment opportunities.
- Knowledge in Golang, Python, JS, AngularJS/ReajctJS/VueJS, CSS3, HTML5 and relational or non-relational databases (Mysql, MongoDB,…) and ability to develop frontends with bootstrap (and similar) being a plus knowledge in user testing implementation.
- Solid knowledge of frontend and API best practices from a cyber-attack security point of view, and able to maintain services under linux (Ubuntu/Debian).
- Experience in packaging products in containers (Docker), deployments, orchestration (Docker Compose, Kubernetes).
- Experience in Amazon AWS (certification is a plus).
- Motivation to continuously acquire knowledge and new technical skills.
They value those candidates have:
- Knowledge of continuous integration and deployments (CI/CD) through Gitlab is a plus.
- Experience in service architecture design (analytical skills, abstraction, order and knowledge of available technologies) is a plus.
- Medium-high level of English.
- High level of Basque.
If you are interested, please send your CV to email@example.com
Vicomtech is a private Applied Research Center specialized in Artificial Intelligence, Visual Computing and Interaction located in Donostia-San Sebastian (Spain). Vicomtech is a member of the Basque Research and Technology Alliance (BRTA) and GraphicsVision.ai, an international network specialized in Computer Graphics.
Formed by more than 200 researchers -more than 60 are PhDs- in various technologies and application areas and more than 80 scientific publications per year, Vicomtech fosters the use of the latest cutting-edge technologies in applications that support the innovation cycle in companies and organizations in our environment, including those in the health and biotechnology sector.
With a focus on applied research for industrial problems, approximately 50% of the center’s activity is under contract, 20% are European projects -such as those of the Horizon Europe program- and 30% are national and local grants, mostly obtained in competitive calls.