The Digital Health and Biomedical Technologies Department is a source of innovative developments for the biomedical sector, with applications such as biomedical image analysis, biomedical simulation, decision support systems, computer-assisted surgery and many others.
They are looking for motivated postdoctoral researchers with proven experience in the conception, development and management of medical image analysis and artificial intelligence projects to be part of the Image Analysis and Artificial Intelligence technology line.
Candidates must show a proactive attitude for applied research, demonstrating an excellent technical scientific background in the offered topic, a proven ability to work in a team and a commitment to understand the needs of clients and project partners.
They should be able to generate new ideas that can be translated into industrial R&D projects or offerings, as well as bring projects and initiatives in this line of research to fruition. Candidates should also have the necessary technical skills (at programming or conceptualization level) to turn their knowledge into real software solutions.
- A multicultural and multidisciplinary research environment.
- An active group in the field of medical imaging and AI research at an international level, with a successful track record of technology transfer.
- Joining a dynamic, innovative, and leading center in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Visual Computing & Interaction at international level with work centers in Donostia – San Sebastian and Bilbao.
- Attractive national and international research and development projects with cutting-edge technology.
- Personal development through training and education opportunities.
- Career opportunities and professional progression.
- Reconciliation policies to achieve a balance between work and family life
- Equal employment opportunities.
- PhD degree (or equivalent) in AI or related field.
- Good level of written and spoken Spanish and English.
- Proven experience in the management and development of projects related to medical imaging and artificial intelligence, specifically using deep learning technology.
They value those candidates have:
- Previous participation in industrial and/or European aligned research projects.
- Experience in software validation as a medical device (ISO-13485, MDR).
- Programming skills (Python, C++).
- Knowledge of DICOM medical imaging standard.
- MLOps frameworks for deep learning and machine learning (tensorflow, mlflow…).
- Knowledge of integration (Docker) and continuous deployments (CI/CD) through Gitlab will be an asset.
- Experience in different deep learning methods: supervised, unsupervised, reinforcement, etc. will be an asset.
- Motivation to continuously acquire knowledge and new skills.
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vicomtech is a private Applied Research Center specialized in Artificial Intelligence, Visual Computing and Interaction located in Donostia-San Sebastian (Spain). Vicomtech is a member of the Basque Research and Technology Alliance (BRTA) and GraphicsVision.ai, an international network specialized in Computer Graphics.
Formed by more than 200 researchers -more than 60 are PhDs- in various technologies and application areas and more than 80 scientific publications per year, Vicomtech fosters the use of the latest cutting-edge technologies in applications that support the innovation cycle in companies and organizations in our environment, including those in the health and biotechnology sector.
With a focus on applied research for industrial problems, approximately 50% of the center’s activity is under contract, 20% are European projects -such as those of the Horizon Europe program- and 30% are national and local grants, mostly obtained in competitive calls.