The Digital Health and Biomedical Technologies Department is a source of innovative solutions in the biomedical sector, with applications of technologies such as biomedical image analysis, biomedical simulation, decision support systems based on artificial intelligence approaches, computer-assisted surgery and many others.
They are looking for motivated candidates for our Digital Health team with an applied research profile and demonstrated experience in data engineering and software development for the digital health domain. For this position, experience in the development of digital biobanks and/or other types of (research) data-sharing platforms will be valued, covering aspects such as data ingestion, preparation, integration, and harmonisation and the related software developments and Big Data platforms. Previous experience in the application of artificial intelligence techniques in this context will be also valued.
Candidates must show a proactive attitude toward applied research, showing an excellent scientific and/or technical record on the offered topic, a proven teamwork capacity and a commitment to understanding the needs of clients and project partners, as well as the ones coming from other projects and initiatives on this research line. Candidates should have also the necessary programming skills to convert their knowledge into actual software solutions.
- Joining a dynamic, innovative and leading center in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Visual Computing & Interaction at international level with work centers in Donostia – San Sebastian and Bilbao.
- Attractive national and international research and development projects with cutting-edge technology.
- Multidisciplinary work team within the Digital Health and Biomedical Technologies Department.
- Creative freedom to conduct research aligned with the Center’s management procedures.
- Personal development through training and educational opportunities.
- Career opportunities and professional progression.
- Work-life balance policies to achieve a balance between work and family life.
- Equal employment opportunities.
- At least a M.Sc. degree in computer science, telecommunications or related fields. Candidates about to complete their doctoral training will also be considered.
- High level of written and spoken English, at least intermediate level of Spanish.
- Digital Biobank:
- Interoperable architecture definition and development.
- Secure data-sharing and processing environment solutions.
- Federated learning frameworks.
- Clinical, molecular, and other health-determinants data management.
- Metadata cataloguing and existing data models (e.g., OMOP, HL7, FHIR).
- Data Engineering:
- Python web-frameworks development and deployment.
- Skills in data preparation / science programming languages e.g., R, Python (SciKit) and implementations focussed on single and distributed computing.
- Experience in the design and development of timely asynchronous data processing systems (batch, streaming) in both Big Data and non-Big Data contexts. Example technologies include Kafka, Storm, Spark and Celery.
- Knowledge of different cloud service providers at their different service offerings (e.g., IaaS, PaaS): Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure.
- Microservices approach, container encapsulation and orchestration technologies: Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience in Linux work environments (scripting, service management, performance analysis and tuning).
- DevOp automatization tools: Gitlab CI/CD, Jenkins.
- Given the applied research nature of the centre and solutions to develop, experience in software development (i.e., quality code development, experience with code versioning tools, test-driven software methodologies and agile development) is required.
They value those candidates have:
- Complementary, experience with machine learning, deep learning and/or generative models will be valued.
- Knowledge of other languages such as Basque, French or German will be also valued
If you are interested, please send your CV to email@example.com
Vicomtech is a private Applied Research Center specialized in Artificial Intelligence, Visual Computing and Interaction located in Donostia-San Sebastian (Spain). Vicomtech is a member of the Basque Research and Technology Alliance (BRTA) and GraphicsVision.ai, an international network specialized in Computer Graphics.
Formed by more than 200 researchers -more than 60 are PhDs- in various technologies and application areas and more than 80 scientific publications per year, Vicomtech fosters the use of the latest cutting-edge technologies in applications that support the innovation cycle in companies and organizations in our environment, including those in the health and biotechnology sector.
With a focus on applied research for industrial problems, approximately 50% of the center’s activity is under contract, 20% are European projects -such as those of the Horizon Europe program- and 30% are national and local grants, mostly obtained in competitive calls.