CIDETEC wishes to recruit a pre-doctoral researcher to join the staff of its Biomaterials Unit in its Drug Delivery System research line. The thesis project will focus on developing new nano-antibiotics for treating lung infections and microbial resistance.
Working on the border between materials science and biology, using the unit’s knowledge and experience, the PhD student will be responsible for:
- Design and synthesis of new formulations maximising encapsulation of antibiotics with therapeutic potential.
- Characterisation (structural, chemical and cell culture) of new nano-formulations.
- Stability and scaling of the best candidates according to the current legislation.
- Conjugation and/or co-formulation with adjuvants/enzymes to improve the effectiveness of the nano-formulated antibiotics.
- Dissemination of results (articles and presentations).
The PhD student will also have the opportunity to:
- Interact with and undertake placements with groups of international prestige, within European and Spanish partnerships.
- Participate in training and/or business transfer projects.
- Generate new ideas/concepts.
- Generate new business opportunities.
- Master’s Degree in Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Polymers, Materials Science or similar.
- Spoken and written fluency in English.
The following experience will be considered a plus:
- Synthesis of polymer (nano-)materials.
- Microbiology and bacterial resistance mechanisms.
- Knowledge of instrumental techniques for particle characterisation.
We are seeking a highly driven, independent, proactive team player, interested in research and gaining knowledge in cell and molecular biology (training will be provided).
If you are interested, please apply on CIDETEC‘s website
CIDETEC is an organization for applied research that integrates three international reference institutes in the fields of energy storage, surface engineering and nanomedicine.