From i+Med S. Coop. they are looking for a person for the position of R&D Research Doctor, with a PhD in the areas of Polymer Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Materials Engineering, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering. A minimum of 2 years of experience in similar positions is required.
Reporting to the head of the Technological Feasibility unit; the person holding the position of R&D Research Doctor will be responsible for the technical management of R&D projects and for providing support in the management of the research staff.
- Technical management of R&D projects.
- Help in the management of research staff.
- Control of the progress of the project schedule. Drawing up project progress reports for the Head of the Technological Viability Unit.
- Design and development of formulations. Analysis of characterisation results.
- Design and synthesis of functional biomaterials, hybrid biomaterials, polymerisation reactions, synthetic polymers and biopolymers, preclinical development of formulations focused on the improvement of physicochemical properties for therapeutic applications, functionalisation of polymers, emulsions, microemulsions, nanocarriers, hydrogels, controlled release of active substances.
- Writing of scientific articles.
- Other tasks related to the department.
- PhD in the areas of Polymer Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Materials Engineering, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years of post-doc experience in university or company, performing similar functions.
- Indispensable knowledge of: NMR techniques, HPLC, rheology, FTIR, UV-VIS.
- Knowledge of: Design of experiments, working under aseptic conditions, in vitro assays, preclinical assays, tissue engineering, regenerative medicine.
- Letters of recommendation from previous work would be an asset.
- Advanced level of English.
- Skills: Attitude for working in a team, passion for science and research in the field of biomaterials and biotechnologies. Innovative, creative person, with ability to adapt to new technological challenges. A taste for organised and well-done work. Good attitude, willing to learn and take on responsibilities.
If you are interested, please apply on their website
i+Med is a co-operative of scientists with its own technology, Adaptek Technology. It focuses on the research, development and manufacture of innovative products in the field of biomedical engineering. It is an innovative proposal based on two lines of business:
- Development of technology for third parties: Specialists in creating smart systems for the controlled release of active substances adapted to the needs of each customer.
- Catalogue of own medical devices: Its AdaptMed line of medical devices consists of:
- Injectable hyaluronic acid, applied in the fields of traumatology, ophthalmology and aesthetics.
- Over-the-counter (OTC) products.
i+Med is made up of a highly qualified scientific team, which supports customers from their initial idea to the launch of the product on the market, always under the strict control of the pharma manufacturing process and a stringent quality policy.