MODIFICATION TO THE STRATEGIC ACTION IN HEALTH 2021-2023
In the middle of last month, the government presented the 15 calls for Strategic Action in Health (AES) that will be opened throughout the year, as well as several extraordinary ones in the framework of the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan. On 22nd of February, an amendment was made to correct an error.
The 144 million euros budgeted for this programme are destined for research and development. It will be the Instituto de Salud Carlos III (ISCIII) who will process the grants and the deadline for applications is currently open until 8 November 2022.
You can find all the information related to this call on the website of the Instituto de Salud Carlos III:
To keep up to date with this call for applications, you can also visit the website of the national system for publicising public subsidies and grants:
IMPORTANT PROJECTS OF COMMON EUROPEAN INTEREST (IPCEI) OF HEALTH
On the 3rd of March it was confirmed that Spain will participate in the Important Projects of Common European Interest (IPCEI) on Health along with 14 other countries. To this end, the Minister of Industry, Trade and Tourism, Reyes Maroto, attended the ministerial conference on the health industry organised by France in Paris.
The IPCEI has a manifiesto to which potential new members will subscribe and which sets out its 3 main objectives:
- It will provide an important contribution to the European Health Union, the New Indsutrial Strategy for Europe and its update, and their respective objetives.
- It should contribute to the first industrial deployment of fundamentally innovative production processes, in particular sustainable ones, that would be impossible without the aid granted.
- It should foster state-of-the-art, quality, and accessible healthcare through the development of new products and servies with a high research and innovation content.
It seeks to foster collaboration at European level while pursuing a joint path between participating countries. It will stimulate significant innovation and bring significant added value to the EU in future key strategic areas. There will be two distinct waves. The first wave will focus on the following areas to drive projects forward:
- Innovating and greening production technologies and precesses for medicines/drug products.
- Innovation in antimicrobial resistance and rare diseases, as well as in emerging health threats where complementary to HERA (Health Emergency Response Authority).
- Developing cell and gene therapies, including production processes and technologies.
The second wave is yet to be specified, although it is very likely to focus on digital health, Medtech and medical devices. Both dates and areas are expected by the end of the year. In addition to this IPCEI, Spain is already participating in the green hydrogen, microprocessor and battery IPCEIs. You can read the whole manifesto in the press release published by the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Tourism: